I haven’t posted for two weeks, which isn’t a long period but for me is like eternity.
As you can imagine, I was away for a reason. If I tell you continuing shortness of breath, muscles weakness, flashbacks. Of course, Covid passed by and took me in a battle against the you know who.
Many are struggling to overcome range of troubling residual symptoms and persistent ones, why not sharing with you my journey with breath exercises. Simple but fundamental, a must do recovery feeling good breath working.
Deep breathing restores lung function by using the diaphragm. Breathing through the nose strengthens the diaphragm and encourages the nervous system to relax and restore itself.
When recovering from a respiratory illness like COVID-19, it’s important not to rush recovery. This deep breathing exercise is broken up into phases to take into account individual ability.
Find a place where you can lay down on your back and try as a start to do the following:
Deep Breathing While On Your Back
- Lie on your back and bend your knees so that the bottom of your feet are resting on the bed.
- Place your hands on top of your stomach or wrap them around the sides of your stomach.
- Close your lips and place your tongue on the roof of your mouth.
- Breathe in through the nose and pull air down into your stomach where your hands are. Try to spread your fingers apart with your breath.
- Slowly exhale your breath through the nose.
- Repeat deep breaths for one minute.
Only increase repetitions or move to the next phase when you can complete the exercise without feeling too out of breath.
See you for the next level exercises to help go threw this important recovery crossing.